Yesterday was a special day for me! I love my we did a year and ten months of engagement! Although it is not so much for us every hour, every day and every month is special! So for a new opportunity, it is essential that there is something sweet that accompanies it!
I did not really want to make two cakes because we are gluttons and eating sweets! But the idea of not prepare anything special I'm not attracted at all. Finally, looking through 3000 recipes of biscuits and cakes, I decided to make the profiterol, a cake that I already knew and that satisfies almost all tastes.
For the dough for cream puffs
50 g butter or margarine
75 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder for cakes
* In a long-handled saucepan bring 1.3 liters of water, butter (or margarine) and a pinch of salt. Ponere on fire, and just keeps the boil, and pour off all at once to the flour.
* Stir with a long wooden spoon to form a compact ball that is completely detached from the edges of the pan.
* Allow to cool and then add eggs one at a time, checking the consistency of the dough should not be too soft, it should appear shiny and hard fall from the spoon.
* Finally incorporate the baking powder and lift the dough with a spatula to aerate it and get swollen more then the cream puffs.
* Cover a baking sheet with the special paper, butter, flour and distribute the dough mounds about 10 cm apart from each other using two spoons or a pastry bag.
* If the cream puffs are small cook in oven at 220 ° C for twenty minutes if they are larger bake for 30-35 minutes at 200 ° C.
NB: It is essential not open the oven during cooking to prevent the cream puffs you deflate.
For the filling and cover
1 small bottle of fresh cream
50 g butter
1 tablespoon baking vanilla
100 g dark chocolate *
* Whip the cream puffs and fill with the help of a pastry bag or cut in half, then place them in a pyramid on a serving plate. (I put them into two small bowls because they were only for two people).
* Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, add butter and let it take a little 'consistency before pouring on the cream puffs.
* Cool in the refrigerator and decorate as desired and serve with whipped cream.
* I used milk chocolate and my love because I prefer it this way, but you can only use dark or half milk and half dark.